Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy Saint Patrick's Day 2015! A round up of my Irish desserts is in good order!

I can hardly believe I have a total of eight delightful and delicious Irish desserts for you to share on this wondrous and most Irish of days! And how could I not address the fact that Saint Patrick is indeed my own Patron Saint - thank you kind Sir!

So without further ado I give you....
(Click on the recipe name to be taken to the recipe itself - there is a print button at the bottom of each recipe to make it easy for you to print it out!)

Dark, rich and delicious, and with my own glaceed orange peel atop.

A fruity cake that just calls for buttering each slice!

A very old-fashioned and traditional steamed pudding.

Two layers of buttery oatmeal with stewed apples and raisins between - one of my most pinned recipes

My most unusual Irish recipe - much more like a pie than a cake - and how can you go wrong with potatoes in a pudding?

an Irish  yeasted raisin studded loaf - perfect for slicing, toasting and slathering in butter on a rainy afternoon - See more at: http://patternpatisserie.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html#sthash.iXkyJfHc.dpuf
The iconic and lovely yeasted tea bread redolent with raisins and great toasted with a piping hot cuppa!! 

A lovely cut-and-come-again cake!

Last but surely not least the lovely Irish Christmas Cake - a truly traditional cake which should be made a few months ahead to mature the flavours. Well worth the effort!!

So a very, very Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you all! What will you be baking this year?
SLAINTE!!

Here's a LINK to my Pinterest board of British and Irish Cakes and Puddings, from myself and others - there's some great desserts in there, traditional and unusual and everything in between!!
an Irish  yeasted raisin studded loaf - perfect for slicing, toasting and slathering in butter on a rainy afternoon - See more at: http://patternpatisserie.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html#sthash.iXkyJfHc.dpuf
an Irish  yeasted raisin studded loaf - perfect for slicing, toasting and slathering in butter on a rainy afternoon - See more at: http://patternpatisserie.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html#sthash.iXkyJfHc.dpuf

No comments: